to be able to change bullet list keyboad shortcut which is not windows standard

Idea

Hi,

Currently we can't change it and it's unfortunate because the enforced shortcut is not standard.

The standard is ctrl + shift + 8 (numpad).

Because of that, in all windows applications, browsers included, we are trained to use ctrl+shift+8 but only in Evernote we have to use ctrl+shift+b because we can't change it...

That's not user friendly.

image.png.50aae4428e914e68105ac8114f6ccd6e.png

5 replies to this idea

yeah but it does not cover all use cases, like when you edit existing texts, i prefer to select all lines i want to change into bullet list then press one time the short cut. Much more effective than asking to insert a character at the beginning of every line.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Anonyme For Liberty said:

Much more effective than asking to insert a character at the beginning of every line.

Once you have done it for the first line it automatically inserts a bullet point for all subsequent lines. When you have finished the list just type enter to remove the last, unneeded, bullet point,

37 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Once you have done it for the first line it automatically inserts a bullet point for all subsequent lines. When you have finished the list just type enter to remove the last, unneeded, bullet point,

But it doesn't work on existing lines, right ? you are still talking about writing new lines use case. If you have multiple existing lines that you want to convert into bullet point, i don't see how your solution works. But thanks for trying.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Anonyme For Liberty said:

But it doesn't work on existing lines, right ? you are still talking about writing new lines use case. If you have multiple existing lines that you want to convert into bullet point, i don't see how your solution works. But thanks for trying.

I completely agree. If you want to type text and then turn it into a bulleted list, I agree that you need to highlight and either use the edit bar icon or the keyboard shortcut. 

I was simply pointing out there is another way of doing it in case that helps, and then in the second post, correcting your misunderstanding of how the auto formatting method works.

I'm not sure that there really  is a standard that all software, except EN, follows. MS Word for example using ctrl+shift+L for a bulleted list.

• Like 2