App cannot connect to internet

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Since an upgrade I noticed my notes weren't synced, so I tried to disconnect/reconnect. I couldn't connect anymore after that.
I get the message (in french) that it is "impossible to connect to the server, please try again later" when I try to log in with my email

I tried to connect as a new user and then I get the message that I "need to be online to subscribe... check the internet connection", it's weird as I am online of course.

Yes I've reinstalled the latest version, checked the firewall settings (it's fine), what do I need to do next?

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Seems like an update issue - try a clean reinstall?

(Short version)

• Sign out of Evernote / don't save your data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  Power off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall and leave Evernote running to rebuild the local data files and indexes.  It's usable but initially a little slow - things get better after a few days.

More detailed description _ 

To fix occasional errors with installs or updates on laptops or desktops - plus issues with speed or lag or corrupted data.

1 - Make sure your notes are synced up to date (check the web client or another device)

2 - Exit Evernote (if you can) / delete data from device

3 - Uninstall app with Appcleaner (Mac) or Revo Uninstaller Free (Win)

4 - Power device off / allow 10 seconds / power back on

5 - Download latest Evernote from Evernote.com

6 - Reinstall. It will take a little while for the app to be fully operational

If that hasn't fixed it,  check your local housekeeping - how much free storage space?  What other processes are active?  Do you have good network speed?

Thank you Gaz for your answer. Properly uninstalling with revo did the job, I'm now logged in and fully sync'ed.
The login screen is night and day with the one I had until then though, all black and grreen, weird.

Case closed, thank you so much

• Like 1