Jumping to a specific TAG in the Tag List

• Level 5

Hi all - 

I made the jump to V10 - Windows and honestly it's worked better than expected. That said, I miss the way I could search for a Tag (using Ctrl-Q, iirc) and have Evernote find the tag in the tag list, navigate to it, and allow me to work with notes with that tag. V10 does most of this, but does not navigate the tag list to synchronize it with the tag for the notes being shown.

No biggie if all your desired notes are in that tag, but if you often have related notes in sub-tags, you are out of luck.

Any way to do this in V10?

TIA

6 hours ago, jcnassoc said:

Any way to do this in V10?

I think I understand what you want. I don't think there is a way of finding a tag within the tag structure. If you use the search in the main tag popout it will certainly find the tag but you can't then see the entire tag structure with that tag highlighted.

6 hours ago, jcnassoc said:

No biggie if all your desired notes are in that tag, but if you often have related notes in sub-tags, you are out of luck.

That can be done by using the drop down menu within the blue tag lozenge. It will give you a list of sub tags (for reference) and the ability to include the sub tags in your search (using OR logic).

main_tag OR sub_tag1 OR sub_tag2 etc

image.png.c6b8e401d077a88134c3ddbeb53ebe06.png

If you wanted to you could then exclude the main tag from the search by typing (in my example screenshot)

-tag:ggplot

image.png.bd3dc0681711ea5ea5db9d12546c0282.png

It looks a bit weird because the filter and the search are saying exactly opposite things, but what you can't see is that "include sub-tags" has been selected.