Space Templates?

pkbldr

Idea

I’d like to be able to create a ‘Template’ Space for new Projects that contains the Notebooks and Note Templates that we typically use. This would save a significant amount of time in setting up a new Project. If not a template, at least a Duplicate function similar to the Duplicate Note function.

What I have in mind is to name the Notebooks in the Template Space with a placeholder for the three letter prefix we use universally as a Notebook/ Note/ file /folder naming structure;

( XXX_Correspondence ).

I’m surprised if this isn’t available and I’m just blind to it but if not; does anyone see a workaround to accomplish it without having to recreate the structure every_single_time?

Thanks, Toby

IMG_1840.jpeg

3 replies to this idea

If it's just a notebook that contains multiple notes you can export as an enex file and then drag into EN when you need it. I do this when I get a new client.

I wrote something about this the other week which might be useful. 

https://tamingthetrunk.substack.com/p/creating-notebook-templates-in-evernote

I do agree though being able to store notebook templates in the gallery would be useful. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Jon/t said:

If it's just a notebook that contains multiple notes you can export as an enex file and then drag into EN when you need it. I do this when I get a new client.

I wrote something about this the other week which might be useful. 

https://tamingthetrunk.substack.com/p/creating-notebook-templates-in-evernote

I do agree though being able to store notebook templates in the gallery would be useful. 

Thank you Jon, that post of yours is what got me started down this path actually. We’ve just reactivated our Teams account after precisely a year long deactivation. I’ve been following your articles for a while and you’ve helped keep me up to date on the progress BS has made. I actually had a good experience with Support resolving some cobwebs during reactivating and it’s been a really long time since I’ve been able to say that. I am optimistic to say the least. Been with Evernote since 2010 and I can confidently say that, at least for my team, everything else is a flawed imitation.
“Nothin’ like the real thing Baby!”

I suppose in some measure you also are responsible for my dissatisfaction with not being able to Template or Duplicate Spaces but I suppose I must take the good with the bad… or the bad with the good…🤔 At any rate; thanks for what you do and keep up the good work! I’ll see if I can post this suggestion to BS and, who knows, they might like it too. Thanks again.

@pkbldr many thanks, much appreciated. 

I think the whole collaboration system be it sharing or teams spaces still needs an overhaul. Most is still working as it did years ago.

There were a lot of questions asked by BS a few months ago re collaboration so I'm hoping for some changes at some point. 

Exciting times.