Tagged notes not fully synched between MacOS and iOS?

Go to solution Solved by s2sailor,

If this specific issue has been addressed, please refer me elsewhere.

In Evernote, I have a tag "Fingertip" for quick reference topics. I access Fingertip via a shortcut.

On my Mac and Windows Evernote installs (all up to date with the most recent versions), Evernote says I have 13  notes tagged with Fingertip.

On my iOS devices (iphone and ipad, updated with the latest versions) Evernote says I have 10 (iphone) or 13 (ipad) notes tagged with Fingertip.

In comparing the installs I see the following:

• The ipad and Win/Mac installs have 11 notes in common flagged as Fingertip
  • The Win/Mac installs have 2 notes that the iOS devices do not have. All notes in the Win/Mac installs are correctly tagged with Fingertip.
  • The iPad device reports 2 notes tagged as Fingertip that, on inspection of the notes, are NOT tagged as Fingertip. They are free of tags.
  • the iPhone reports one note as Fingertip that is NOT tagged as Fingertip (this note also appears on the iPad). But the iphone includes one of the Win/Mac notes in its tally that the iPad does not.

I honestly don't know how to troubleshoot this. I've tagged, re-tagged, and de-tagged these notes, but the iOS devices persist in not agreeing with the Mac/Win installs, which are working as expected.

Any tips on troubleshooting this? It's annoying mainly because these are notes that I access frequently and it confuses me when an essential note is not present on all of my devices.

Edited by brownstudy
removed extraneous detail
  • Level 5*

If it's a difference between 10 notes or 13 notes,  I'd suggest you search for the tag in each case and copy/ paste the note links into a table of contents note so you can identify which 3 notes are missing.  Check those notes to see whether there is some common factor,  and report the whole thing to Support - we're mainly other users here.

As a work-around to avoid future instances you could create a new linked note from a single ToC note so that you always have a current list of your 'fingertip' topics.

Making the Fingertip topics a TOC note is a brilliant idea -- thank you!

Thanks for the t'shooting tip. I know which notes are problematic, it's just that they remain problematic despite retagging. I'll post a question to support and see what they say. I'm not interested in spending much more time on this problem when you've given me a great workaround.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
  • Solution

I noticed this mismatch between the number of tagged notes on my Mac and the number shown on my iOS devices.  Deleting the app on the iOS devices and reinstalling fixed the problem for me on both my iPhone and iPad. 

• Like 1

s2sailor: Thank you for your post! I deleted and reinstalled the app on both my iOS devices and that cleared up the mismatched tags perfectly. Such an obvious fix and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it.

• Like 1