Evernote 10 notes not loading

• Level 5

You could start with describing what your problem is. Add your OS, your client version, what you did and why the result is not what you expected.

Then we may have an idea for you.

macOS 10.15, evernote 10.82. Just trying to open my notes. But some of them i remember were maybe big in size. Now on trying to access them, they arent loading. 

I tried using another version 10.63 but it auto-updates. Is there a way to use an earlier version?

image.thumb.png.f25500e5235caaffc88336bbf4cc002c.png

• Level 5

The note sizes have not changed between legacy and v10. It is still 200MB for Subscribers (which is a lot if it is text only, about 100 books).

How do these notes behave if you try to open them in the web client ?

It seems the notes do hold a lot of text formatting as well ?! Is there other content than text, like pictures or files ? Are there links embedded ?

It has a lot of images, i do remember. But on legacy it opened quite easily.

Even on web client facing the same issue. 

• Level 5

I think on desktop it is probably still downloading your data from the server. This would explain why installed client and web behave the same.

How good is your internet connection ?

To allow the full download, leave the client running (can be in the background) for several days, while using the Mac. Don‘t quit it, it needs to run to download.

Its a decent 50 Mbps only. Will give this a try. 

I hope macOS 10.15 and Pro Retina (2.6GHZ i5 & 8GB DDR3) are good enough to handle this new client 10.82. Or they too need an upgrade?