Best way to organize research notes for a trip to New York City?

I'm planning a trip to New York City and want to efficiently collect and organize all my research. I'll be visiting different museums, neighborhoods, and restaurants, and I want to have all my notes easily accessible while I'm there.

Can anyone recommend the best approach for using Evernote to manage my trip research?

• Level 5*

Hi. Depending on what device you're taking (tablet or laptop) you should make sure that your notes will be available to you offline - ie engage Airplane mode on the device and make sure you have access to the note(s).  There seems to be an occasional issue with offline notes on a laptop,  so make sure yours is working for you.  If you need to make some notes available offline on a tablet it can take an amazing mount of time to download the content,  so leave the app running for as long as possible before you travel.  If you have any absolutely essential documents (tickets, passes etc),  I'd suggest printing a paper copy just in case.

You will have wifi at least part of the time - remember it's a public connection.

If you have lots to write I'd suggest using a word processing package saving to your local storage and backed up with a USB drive.  It saves you finding an internet connection to sync and ensures you have access to your files whether or not one exists.