Option for Import Folder to delete files after import

EMR

Idea

Hi, after loss of scripting support I switched over to an import folder for Evernote on Mac, which works seamlessly. However, I would like to automatically delete the files contained in that folder on my Mac after import, in order to have a clear workflow and no unneccessary or double files on my computer. Please provide an option for this in the settings for the import folders. This feature must have been avaiable at an earlier date at least for Evernote for Windows. Thanks!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Instead of waiting, write it yourself, using Shortcuts or Apple Script. Run the script on startup or shutdown if you want it fully automatic.

Personally I see the files in the import folder as a fallback if something fails on import. The few XBytes of storage are really not worth to think about it.

Thanks for your suggestion - that is actually the workaround I am currently using: Shortcuts automation / Hazel. Would be nice, however, if one could choose if you want the redundancy of the files in the import folder or not - seems a quite obvious option to me, especially if people are not so "automation savvy". Personally, I prefer "cleaned up" folders and unique locations for my files. 🙂

This used to be a standard option in the former 'legacy' version of Evernote and it needs adding back to the new version as a matter of urgency !

• Level 5

Explain why „it NEEDS to be added“.

Explain why it is „a MATTER OF URGENCY“.

And I will explain why I ask this. We all have now lived for more than 3 years without an automatic removal of the files in the Import Folder. Hello there, we are still living, we don’t have green dots in the face and violet strains in the hair. So why is this a case of urgent & need ? I see a lot of things more urgent to invest dev hours, and I don’t even see the necessity.

Personally I treat the non removal as a welcome backup to the import process, and empty the folder from time to time manually. Others have created a batch job that removes everything, for example on shutdown.

So if you want to be convincing with your claim, it is not enough to make it, you better explain it as well.