In Legacy when I wanted to search for the word foot - and not want to find notes with the word football - I would search for "foot" - That is,  includes quotation marks.

Then it would only find notes with exactly the word foot in it.

In V10, when I search for "foot" - including quotation marks - it finds all notes with football in it - and Footy also.

Can anyone help me with the correct syntax so that I can find just my notes with the word foot in it.

Regards

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gedhe76 said:

In V10, when I search for "foot" - including quotation marks - it finds all notes with football in it - and Footy also.

I'm still getting the expected behaviour - searching for a word in quotation marks only finds that exact word.

I would definitely try searching on the web version to see if that is the same. Also try searching for "foot " (wih a space) and  'foot' (single quotation marks) incase EN isn't recognising double quotation marks on your keyboard.

Thank you Mike P for your reply,

I try your sugesstion using space and single quatioan marks but it is doesn't work too!

Any other idea how to solve this issue, please?

What version do you use and on what OS and version?

Which way are you using to search? You can search via filters, you can search IN a note. You can search FOR notes. You can search via Switch to...  They might work differently.

• Like 1