Help! No windows except for main notes window coming to the foreground

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Hi I just started facing this problem in the last 1 day or so.  Anytime I open a new window - either for an existing note or for a new note, they don't come to the foreground even after clicking on them manually.  What is going on?  Nothing has changed on my PC.  It is the same PC, etc.  Is anyone else facing the issue?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Usual query - device? Which version of Windows,  Evernote?  And are these new notes,  or older ones being opened for editing?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Usual query - device? Which version of Windows,  Evernote?  And are these new notes,  or older ones being opened for editing?

Windows 11.  Evernote 10.82.2.  All notes.  Any note I want to open, the window opens but goes in background.  Then after using the bottom tool bar of Windows I try to select that window but it never comes up in foreground.

• Level 5*
  • Solution

If you close all other windows down,  do you finally come to the Evernote window?  Or is it opening on a 'virtual' screen somewhere off to the side?  WIN key + left or right arrows should summon it in that case,  and if you then close and reopen the window on the primary display it should stick...  maybe... :unsure:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you close all other windows down,  do you finally come to the Evernote window?  Or is it opening on a 'virtual' screen somewhere off to the side?  WIN key + left or right arrows should summon it in that case,  and if you then close and reopen the window on the primary display it should stick...  maybe... :unsure:

Thank you so much.  It didn't quite work exactly that way. But your point seems to be the cause of it and that finally gave me the solution.  I tried the win key stuff hoping to pull it off some virtual screen.  But that didn't work.  However, I connected my laptop to an external monitor.  I closed and restarted Evernote.  Then it just worked!  At some point in the past I was recently connected to an external monitor and for some reason Evernote remembered that after my last update and like you pointed out, it was sending to some virtual screen.  Anyway, it worked.  Thanks again!

• Like 1