New note doesn't auto-named after attached file

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Repro :
1. create new note
2. drag-n-drop file to note
3. note title does not change to file name

And there's no option in Settings to make that default behaviour happen.

• Solution
1 hour ago, BLK Dragon said:

Repro :
1. create new note
2. drag-n-drop file to note
3. note title does not change to file name

And there's no option in Settings to make that default behaviour happen.

You've posted this in the Androd forum but it looks more desktop to me, although I could of course be wrong.

The way to do this, which works and is quicker, is to drag the attachment directly into the note list. If you want it in a particular notebook select that notebook first. If you have "Notes" selected it will go into your default notebook. The new note is created automatically (saving you that step) with the title of the note as the title of the file.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Mike P said:

You've posted this in the Androd forum but it looks more desktop to me, although I could of course be wrong.

The way to do this, which works and is quicker, is to drag the attachment directly into the note list. If you want it in a particular notebook select that notebook first. If you have "Notes" selected it will go into your default notebook. The new note is created automatically (saving you that step) with the title of the note as the title of the file.

Yes, I've mis-clicked topic - it's about Windows client.

Dragging file on notebook (note list) seems working. Newly created note is not selected though.

2 minutes ago, BLK Dragon said:

Newly created note is not selected though.

Valid point. I always have my notes in created order so I know that a new note will be at the top and easily accessible with the {Home} key. Obviously other sort orders will suit other people. It will always be the top note in "recent notes" though.

1 minute ago, Mike P said:

Valid point. I always have my notes in created order so I know that a new note will be at the top and easily accessible with the {Home} key. Obviously other sort orders will suit other people. It will always be the top note in "recent notes" though.

Yeah, I can live with that - still better than entering name manually.

• Like 1