Evernote Web: Does it support encryption?

• Level 5

Hi all - 

1.) Does Evernote Web (on Chrome) support the ability to select text and have it encrypted?  If so, how? I don't see any options for this. 

2.) When Evernote Web displays a note made in Legacy that is "HTML Content", it appears I cannot "get to" any encrypted blocks within the page. In other words, when I try to click on the encrypted text to get to the "Reveal encrypted content..." popup option, the menu does not appear. 

image.png.5ee79c3114d568d8dba02a85265e5df2.png

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks!

• Level 5
12 minutes ago, ben353253 said:

1.) No

2.) No

But they do work hard to make sure the app is worse than old versions, so there's that.

LOL I do find it helps us to keep our sense of humor.

I feel like I'm in a relationship that I know is bad for me and I should walk away from, but I just can't break away from it. I mean, everything will be back to the way it was tomorrow, right? I don't need to go find someone else that will remind me of how Evernote used to be, do I?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

How nice to see people trying to help even if they're wrong.

Click the top border of the HTML text to make it editable.

You should be able to encrypt text - see https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005547-Encrypt-text-in-a-note for details. 

If you need that and it's not working for you,  please contact Support.  (Yes I know,  but its more constructive than just venting here).

Having said that,  if you're encrypting something that is already online,  Note History will enable you to go back to before encryption.  Better to create offline and use an encrypted document file attached to the note.  Which is also a useful work-around.