Need to Export Notes - Desktop App Not Working

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I need to export my notes to my computer. I read that this can only be done using the desktop app. Fine, except the app won't let me log in. When I enter my email, I get a message that says, "Client not supported, please upgrade."

Is there some other way to access the desktop app, so I can save my notes? I tried logging in with Google, but that didn't work, either. I have a few weeks left on my personal subscription, and don't intend to upgrade, but I should be able to use the app until then. I contacted support a couple of weeks ago, but have not received a reply.

Also - how do you downgrade to the free version? Is this even possible?

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  What's your operating system?  And when did you last open the app?

Windows 10.

It's probably been close to a year since I used the desktop app. I mostly use the online version for saving clips for travel. Then I access them on phone or ipad.

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hmmn.  I know the app shows warnings if you're still using an old version,  but haven't heard that it stops you opening it altogether...  you could download the latest version to your desktop from Evernote.com and export notebooks from there.  Unfortunately there's no 'export' from mobile eversions.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  I know the app shows warnings if you're still using an old version,  but haven't heard that it stops you opening it altogether...  you could download the latest version to your desktop from Evernote.com and export notebooks from there.  Unfortunately there's no 'export' from mobile eversions.

Yes, that worked! Thank you for your help! Now on to the tedious task of moving the notes...

• Like 1