Trash disappeared

I had a number of pictures and documents stored in my trash but last week they suddenly disappeared. I use the free version of Evernote (and have been happy with it) but please tell me there is a way to recover my trash. Thank you. 

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Lynsey said:

I had a number of pictures and documents stored in my trash but last week they suddenly disappeared. I use the free version of Evernote (and have been happy with it) but please tell me there is a way to recover my trash. Thank you. 

Sorry but what's in Trash is not 'stored',  it's waiting disposal.  I'm not sure how or why it would have been cleared without your specific request,  but if the content is gone,  it's probably gone forever.  If you have access to another device which has not been synced recently you could try to view your account offline there - the Trash content is synced like any other notebook.  Or if you have any system backups that might have included Evernote files,  the Trask content might be recoverable,  but the chances are not good.

15 hours ago, Lynsey said:

Maybe you emptied it yourself to get below the 50 notes treshold ? You can try to recover from your ENEX or html backups

Thank you for replying. A sensible suggestion and worth eliminating. I didn’t empty the trash - I use it to keep old pics and documents separate from my current stuff. Interesting: I didn’t realise there was a limit, although I’d not added anything to it recently and I’d been able to access it. I see you’ve suggested ENEX and html backups. Thanks also for that idea. I’m afraid to admit that I’m not good at tech (hence THIS ‘disaster’) and I don’t know what those terms mean or how to enact them. 

53 minutes ago, eric99 said:
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Sorry but what's in Trash is not 'stored',  it's waiting disposal.  I'm not sure how or why it would have been cleared without your specific request,  but if the content is gone,  it's probably gone forever.  If you have access to another device which has not been synced recently you could try to view your account offline there - the Trash content is synced like any other notebook.  Or if you have any system backups that might have included Evernote files,  the Trask content might be recoverable,  but the chances are not good.

Gazumped, thanks for your response. I fear you may well be right - what you say all makes sense. I wish I’d tried the back up option a while ago and before I attempted other solutions. Ah, well, a lesson learned. Thank you again. 

• Like 1