Notebooks lost when shift from free to paid member.

The free membership has told me I have too many notebooks and has locked me out - before I had a chance to reduce them. So I have given my credit card to join as a paid member. It said there was already someone with my email address so recognised me. However after it accepted my money it has set up a new account. So my old files are still lost to me. There appears no one can help. The bot is useless. What can I do. My old account flicks up before the locking screen comes down, so it is still somewhere. How can I retrieve my notebooks. 

• Level 5*

You may have created a new account when you subscribed by making a small mistake with your user ID,  or by using a different email address.

You will be able to log into your original account if you can find the correct user details.  If you go to Evernote.com there's a 'forgot password' link that may help - it's linked to your original email address.  You're only allowed 2 devices on a free account,  so read any pop-up screens very carefully if they appear - you can revoke access to everything except the browser you're working from.

Once in that account,  you'll be able to share all the content with another account - so share it with your paid account.  When you log in using that account ID you'll be able to copy the 'free' notes into the paid account.  Or you could export all notes to ENEX files,  and then re-import them into your new account.

If you have any issues please search here for help - Export notes and notebooks as ENEX or HTML - or contact Support (the link is on the bottom of that page).