Screen use/layout just got way worse

Previous to the last update, the content used up more of the width of the screen. PDFs could be read without opening them. Now my content is in the middle of the screen with wide swaths of white space on either side. And PDFs can't be viewed without opening them. Is this a bug or a new layout for customers? It seems worse in every way to me, so I hope it's a bug.

SCR-20240218-jdfi.png

17 minutes ago, jasondunn said:

Previous to the last update, the content used up more of the width of the screen. PDFs could be read without opening them. Now my content is in the middle of the screen with wide swaths of white space on either side. And PDFs can't be viewed without opening them. Is this a bug or a new layout for customers? It seems worse in every way to me, so I hope it's a bug.

SCR-20240218-jdfi.png

PDFs: Click the PDF and then the three dots and select single or multiple pages. that will add the navigation arrows.

Screen width can be changed by going to the app settings and then to notes. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see these options where you can change the full width or readability mode.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 2.32.39 PM.png

Thank you. The core issue is that in the last update for macOS, the setting for "Fit to window" was flipped to "Optimize readability". A similar thing happened a few updates ago where hardware acceleration was turned off. Maybe the Evernote devs could stop changing the settings customers pick when they release updates? 🫤

• Like 1