Paid services - alternative income

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Good day, I have used Evernote for over a decide now, actually close to 2 decades. I have enjoyed the free subscription and have been an evangelist about the product to many friends and family. The, what feels like a forced move to a paid service, has come as a shock and disappointment. 
I’d like to share a consideration for a Platform technology model to generate income (book Platform Revolution). I wrote down many things of my life, views, opinions, a journal of my everyday activities. This is a wealth of information for AI engines. I even hoped one day there would be the technology to take all my notes and make/ write a documentary for me. So 2 things

(1) find companies which you can sell our data to, but anonymise the content of course, but views, opinions, what drives people, their dreams etc. so much can be gained. You can sell the data to banks, for example so they understand better the trends of people 

(2) offer ways to summarise content. Take info written and use AI to write a blog or article for a  person, it’s kinda the same as what Facebook does when it brings up memories, or Apple when it makes a video of all pictures taken at a location

I am disappointed that I will probably move away from Evernote and many others like me, because we now have to pay for a service which we enjoyed for free. Unfortunately there are also other free competing apps which makes it easier for a person to leave  

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  We're mainly other users here,  but Evernote staff also read these pages,  so will see your suggestions - though I have to say that in my experience most users are very concerned with privacy for their accounts and there would be a mass outcry if there were any suggestion at selling data,  anonymised or not.  

Evernote already offers an 'AI Cleanup' feature and I regularly use it and the existing public AI services to summarise content in "100 words or less" style.

As a free user you should be able to get a substantial discount for one further year's subscription which will allow you to tidy up your existing content and move it elsewhere if you decide to do so,

If you need any help exporting your existing content to another provider please let us know - we're happy to help.