Renaming a notebook no longer puts the old name in the "Rename input box"

Go to solution Solved by signcarver,

I'm using the latest Mac desktop version (10.72.2). I noticed that when i rename an existing notebook the input box comes up blank. In previous versions the input box had the current name of the notebook in it, which made it much more convenient to change the name, especially if you were only making a slight modification of the name.

44 minutes ago, signcarver said:

I'm using the latest Mac desktop version (10.72.2). I noticed that when i rename an existing notebook the input box comes up blank. In previous versions the input box had the current name of the notebook in it, which made it much more convenient to change the name, especially if you were only making a slight modification of the name.

I agree this is annoying. I assume you are renaming from the notebook name in the sidebar. If however you rename using the main notebook list (click on notebook in the sidebar) you get the expected behaviour. Weird.

• Solution
6 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I agree this is annoying. I assume you are renaming from the notebook name in the sidebar. If however you rename using the main notebook list (click on notebook in the sidebar) you get the expected behaviour. Weird.

@Mike P Thank you Mike. You are correct. Plus your suggestion of using the main notebook list is a good workaround! Perhaps Evernote will fix this in a future release.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...