iPhone 15 Pro Max Unable to Scan Business Card!!

When I take a picture of a business card in the app, it is unable to capture the picture. with the auto detect feature, the little green box finds it sometimes but then it just says capturing…, and nothing happens. App freezes. I have to take a picture with my camera and import the photo which is annoying because it takes up so much more space in the note and is an extra step. I am a years long User of Evernote business and I use this feature often so this is very frustrating.

• Level 5

If you searched the forum, you would have found several posts prior to your own.

You will find the answers there as well: In short it is an unresolved bug, that has started with the iPhone 14 and the introduction of a new camera SDK by Apple for the new lenses. All apps that did not switch can’t really use the iPhone camera on shorter distances any more. All will remain blurry.

The ball is still with EN to fix this.

Your best next step is to issue a support ticket, as we did already.

• Level 5

Maybe - if you have the patience: Go issue a support ticket, hope they solve the problem someday. The problem is there since the iPhone 14 was introduced, more than a year ago.

Beside this no - the camera will simply not find the focus when you get close enough.

There have been some problems with android app too. It simply either crashed or froze everytime when scanning a business card. That bug is fixed now.

But what seems to be a general Evernote practice, also a new bug was introduced: EN auto-formats phone numbers so they cannot be used. After scanning a business card, all phone numbers need to be removed manually, and then added manually in the note itself.

A very nice and useful feature - ...if it would work 🤥