Can't consolidate old notes into 1 notebook for free plan

Hi! I cleaned out my Evernote today, down to 48 notes on my account, and I am still getting the "Upgrade" "You won't be able to create a new note if you stay with the free plan" popups preventing me from creating a new note OR moving notes from one notebook to another. I have emptied trash, logged out and back in, synced between my clients, and tried on both in-browser and Android app.

I know that the restriction includes limiting to 1 notebook under a free plan, but I am trying to consolidate so that I'm within the parameters. It's not just not letting me create a new notebook or new notes, it's preventing me from moving any of my notes between notebooks, I'm assuming because I'm already outside the parameters of the plan. Is this a bug? It seems almost like I'm being bullied to pay for a month so that I can reorganize my notes and notebooks to fit within the free plan structure. That feels incredibly sinister to the point of being unrealistic, so is there a workaround for this, please, or am I doing something wrong?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Try exporting your additional notebook(s) to ENEX files,  then delete the originals and reimport the notes if you have space for all of them within your 50 limit.