Notes being lost by Evernote

Over the last few months I've seen a number of my notes in Evernote disappear. Last year I copied several work-related Evernote notebooks into another service, as well as maintaining archival copies on a hard drive, and can find old notes in Mem.ai that have now disappeared from Evernote.

is there a way within Evernote to see and restore notes that have disappeared but were not deleted on purpose, or moved to the trash? There's no question that these notes are vanishing; the question is whether the problem can be corrected by users.

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are still (AFAIK) no verified cases of Evernote losing notes from an account - if you have any confirmation that this is happening I'd strongly urge you to contact Support.  It will take some time to get them involved,  but they will look into the situation for you.  Meantime if a note has been deleted it should be in the Trash notebook.  If the note no longer exists,  then there is no history other than any backup process you may have in place for your device(s).  I use a service called Backupery and there are other options you'll find in the forums.

I can definitely identify exported notes that are not coming up in searches, and are not in the Trash notebook. I'll talk to support and see what can happen.

• Like 1

The problem may be that the notes are still there, but aren't visible when you search for them.

For example, here are some notes tagged with "Finland." Three of them in the attached screenshot mention a company, KWH Pipe, in the title. Yet when one searches "KWH Pipe's Working Hours Experiment" (the title of the second note in the list), the search comes up empty, and a search for "KWH Pipe" finds only one note.

This is not exactly the same as notes being completely gone from the database, but functionally, if they can't be found except through lucky manual labor, they're as good as gone.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 10.10.29 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 3.23.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 3.25.00 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1