Moving Note makes it Updated

I've old notes from over a decade that I'd like to organize better to notebooks and stacs. 

The issue with that is that notes' edit/update date seems to change once I move them from notebook to another.  

This is insane! Is this a bug?
If you move file in your computer from folder to another you don't change/update them...

If I move a note from temp notebook to an actual topic notebook I don't change the note... This runes all my meeting notes since this makes all my meetings appear like they occurred today 🤪

How do I reorganize my notes without updating them?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, pemaje said:

Let’s call it undesired behavior.  There are several actions that now trigger the note to be updated that didn’t in the past.  Ideally we could select in settings which actions would cause the date to change.  Until then you can try prefixing a title with a unique character that will cause it to be on top when sorted alphabetically.

30 minutes ago, pemaje said:

I've old notes from over a decade that I'd like to organize better to notebooks and stacs. 

The issue with that is that notes' edit/update date seems to change once I move them from notebook to another.  

If you move file in your computer from folder to another you don't change/update them...

If I move a note from temp notebook to an actual topic notebook I don't change the note... This runes all my meeting notes since this makes all my meetings appear like they occurred today 🤪

How do I reorganize my notes without updating them?

I'd suggest you sort your notes by the date created instead. That takes care of your problem very easily. 

The nice thing about the create date is that you can modify it manually. If you're like me and sometimes you don't scan meeting notes into Evernote until a few days later, you can change the create date to the date the meeting actually occurred. You can do that by clicking the three dots in the top right corner, choosing "Note Info", and then modifying the create date.

As for the "date updated" changing when a note is moved, I doubt it's a bug and I'm sure it's not insane. I have a background in selling document management solutions, and often there is a use case for knowing who did what to a document when. That includes moving it.

That may not be a use case you have, but again, all you need to do is sort by create date and you should be fine.

• Like 3