Webclipper on Safari no longer working - using latest MacOS

Webclipper on Safari is no longer working, I am using the latest MacOS. Used to allow the EN access for a day whenever I wanted to clip something and then had to reload the website that I wanted to clip. No longer works... After selecting "allow access for a day" and reload a new tab in Safari opens where it says the following, the happy clipping part just does not work...

Web Clipper log in successful.
You’re now logged in and may close this window.
Happy clipping!
Edited by Fixestcat
spelling error
On 12/10/2023 at 8:58 PM, PinkElephant said:

Works for me, on 3 Macs.

Uninstall, restart, reinstall.

If you run adblocking / security software disable it to check if it blocks clipping.

Still does not work even after uninstall and reinstall. A new tab opens every time I click the Webclipper icon with the content shown at the beginning of the thread.

• Fixestcat changed the title to Webclipper on Safari no longer working - using latest MacOS
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

The function of the webclipper was changed recently. When clicked a new tab opens briefly, I think for a login. This tab closes again quickly, and the usual web clipper window shows to right.

Since it works for me, I  can’t tell which setting is critical. You can only check in Safari settings for disabled popups or similar. One of this settings likely prevents the login tab to work properly.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When I try to use Web Clipper after installing the latest MacOS Public Beta, Nothing happens! Yes, I have removed it, started my Mac again, and reinstalled Web Clipper, but the same thing happens: Nothing Happens!  

Hope they'll fix it soon as I really love the clipper!

Skjermbilde 2024-08-10 kl. 11.58.26.png

Well, it's only the latest version of Safari that has problems with the web clipper. My other browsers work well with web clipper even though I have upgraded to the latest public beta version of MacOS. 

• Level 5

It’s unimportant at all.

You use a beta software, web clipper is release level software. There is no need the regular release has to work with any beta.

Since beta releases update pretty fast, it is completely unimportant as well. Things can change with the next beta, and nobody knows why.

This forum is not made for beta reports. For the sake of users coming here looking for advise it would be a bad thing to „poison“ it with irrelevant beta postings.

If your problems prevail after you installed the first officially released version (and this is NOT a beta, public or not), you are welcome to come back.