Note remains in foreground even after moving it to another notebook

Has anyone else found this to be annoying?  I am going through my inbox notes one by one ie": taking notes and either deleting them or assigning them to other notebooks.  The goal is to get the inbox  to zero.  So I take the first note, assign it a tag and then Alt-M (move note) eg:"Work".  But the silly thing doesn't go anywhere.  It stays right in front of me even though the notebook icon on top now indicates "Work".   If I click on "Inbox" on the left panel the note will be whisked away and I can now start working on the next one.  The next note is really useless and I decide to delete it.  Nonetheless, it continues to stay there even though the icon at the top indicates that it is now in the Trash.  So essentially, once notes are adjudicated in the Inbox they often stay sullenly in the foreground staring dolefully at their master rather than disappearing immediately (as was always the case with Legacy). I do not see this problem all the time and sometimes it works perfectly.  Nonetheless, I do encounter this frequently enough as to be annoying.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  I can see where that would be very annoying.  I'd suggest next time this happens,  download your activity log and contact Support - which,  unless there's a major change,  wont get you a quick response - but at least it gets the matter in their hands.

Meantime maybe tag your notes for their destination notebook as well as any other tags you might add - an emoji (🔸<name>) would make all the 'notebook' tags easy to find as a group,  and then you could move the pre-processed notes in blocks rather than individually.  Maybe.

This has been the behaviour for some time now; I initially found it annoying.  If you click on the next note in the Inbox, the note you worked on is moved to whichever Notebook you selected.  This behaviour only happens until the last note in the inbox, which immediately moves to the selected notebook.  I have found this beneficial if, say, you have forgotten to add a tag or do a minor edit, and I find the need to click the next note to complete the move is now a normal part of my workflow.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  I can see where that would be very annoying.  I'd suggest next time this happens,  download your activity log and contact Support - which,  unless there's a major change,  wont get you a quick response - but at least it gets the matter in their hands.

Meantime maybe tag your notes for their destination notebook as well as any other tags you might add - an emoji (🔸<name>) would make all the 'notebook' tags easy to find as a group,  and then you could move the pre-processed notes in blocks rather than individually.  Maybe.

This is quite a nice trick.  However, I've found that if the emoji is the first character in the tag then it is difficult or impossible for me to add the tag.  For example, let's say I want a tag that sits at the top of my inbox and is called !Task.  Now, let's say I want to add color to it.....I could do this.  I can always find this tag by simply starting to type !Task (or even just the exclamation point) and it will pop up with the nice orange emoji. 

image.png.397cb3074f6825f533fe92a8272701a1.png

However, if my tag is named with the orange emoji at the beginning, then I can never find it in the tag address box because I don't know how to type an orange emoji.