Since the latest update 10.67.2, navigating Evernote on Mac has a serious mouse lag (also replicated with my Wacom device), wherein movement of the mouse cursor to any section is followed by a serious delay in highlighting or ability to act.

Example: if I want to edit a note's reminder, it the lag delays funtionality by 1/2 to 1 seconds for each action.

What used to be a simple edit is now painfully slow, and sometimes the lag causes the need to reselect as well, causing further delay.

I just updated to 10.67.2 and I'm experiencing the same issue! The interface is so laggy now it's unusable and the Evernote helper is using a ton of CPU resources. I let it sit open for an hour to see if that would fix it and it didn't. Is there any other solution other than reinstalling?

21 hours ago, Randall v. said:

Fixed it by reinstalling.

Evidently the 'upgrade' was borked.

I am having exact same issue as you, I just restarted this morning into 10.67.2 MacOS client and everything is laggy and choppy now.  If I click to change notes, there is a 2-3 second delay before the note is selected, and if I scroll within a note the scrolling is really choppy with 1-2 second delay before the screen redraws.  Also whenever I start typing in a note my text is always a word or two behind before it catches up 1-2 seconds later.  Really annoying!

I tried uninstall, reboot, and reinstall per EN reinstall instructions in the help but it's still laggy and choppy.  This definitely just started with the update it was fine for me yesterday evening.  Did you do anything special in your reinstall?  I noticed after reinstall it still logged me right back into my account so I'm wondering if there is some additional data in my home dir or a library dir I need to manually clean up also.

Thanks for any help/pointers!

Hi!

I already updated to 10.67.4 version but the problem persists.
Normally, scrolling with the mouse on a note, up and down, is smooth and fast, but now it's laggy and the screen goes into darkness for a second until it shows any image again but this time at the new position after scrolling.

Nevertheless, it is not happening if I scroll with the bars but it's quite unbearable to work that way.

Thank you for any support.

iMac Intel i7, 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.1

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Did you guys try to toggle Hardware acceleration on or off in the settings of the EN app ?

Yes, I disabled the hardware acceleration and the mouse scroll got even slower.

Also, the screen still goes black during the scroll.

But thank you anyway.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I have the same problem and reinstalling is now working. 

Unfortunately it is not my case. I've reinstalled it again but still the same. 

Being forced to use the web browser...

For the reinstall the main thing I did was use AppCleaner to find all the EN files on my system.

But to be safe I first made backups of all my notebooks - it’s time consuming but necessary in case something goes wrong (why EN does not have an easier batch backup option is beyond me, how hard can it be to offer an ‘export all’ function?).

Second, I saved my plist and saved state files onto my desktop, as a precaution.

I then ran AppCleaner to trash EN completely.

Then I downloaded EN, installed, and before I launched the app or logged in, I moved the plist and saved state files back to overwrite the installed versions.

I then launched EN and logged in, after which the app behaved normally (however I noticed that my plist didn’t seem to help as my settings were not the way I’d left them, i.e. I had to reset my preferred view, etc  

Hope this helps. 

Might be useful to say that I do have this problem only with the EV version 10.67.4 installed on an iMac 27-inch Intel i7, 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.1 (can't update it anymore)

At my work place, there is no problem at all with the same EV version installed on a iMac 24-inch M1, 16GB RAM, Sonoma 14.2

19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You could try to update to 10.68.2

Get the downloader from the EN website, install it just on top of the existing version.

Already installed the EV 10.68.2 version but the problem still remains. 

Thank you anyway!