iOS/iPadOS and Evernote: where are the Spotlight search?

Rafael B

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  This isn't a request show,  and as it happens,  most of us here aren't Evernote - just more users like you (although in my case on Windows and Android). 

If this feature disappeared around the time that Evernote updated to the new version 10,  then it was probably not included in the base coding for the new version - which makes adding it back that much harder.  Not to mention that Evernote now runs in an Elektron framework for which Apple may or may not wish to support that much interaction.

Best advice would be to feed this back to Evernote via a link from the mobile app or feedback@evernote.com - but don't expect changes anytime soon.  We're only about 20 working days from the end of the year (depending on your local customs) and to non-Mac me this looks like a major project.

30 minutos atrás, gazumped disse:

Hi.  This isn't a request show,  and as it happens,  most of us here aren't Evernote - just more users like you (although in my case on Windows and Android).

All suggestions I write here are also being sent to their email. My objective in writing here is a little deeper: I plan to use these texts to bring external traffic (users who use Evernote, but do not participate in the forum) here and, thus, engage the company in the direction that I consider most appropriate. I will use some digital marketing resources for this. You will notice this flow over the next few months.
Of course, the strength of the crowd is unpredictable, but I wanna to help get Evernote out of inertia.

Thanks for commenting!

6 minutos atrás, s2sailor disse:

I believe it was dropped even before v10

Regarding iOS, I really don't remember the exact moment it stopped working, but to this day the legacy version has notes indexed by spotlight.

I posted this in another thread:

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Rafael B said:

Regarding iOS, I really don't remember the exact moment it stopped working, but to this day the legacy version has notes indexed by spotlight.

I had intermittent problems with it on my Mac and at some point it stopped working for good, or maybe I just stopped trying to get it back.  It’s been a while.