Web clipper notes missing from notebook on Mac app

Notes added from outside the app (eg via the web clipper or IFTTT) are missing from the notebook on the app. The note count showing beside the notebook name in the sidebar is correct, and I can see/access all of the notes in the Recently Captured section on the home view, but only half of them are visible when I go to the notebook itself. I don't have any filters in place.

On the web version, all is as it should be - the counts are correct, and all notes are visible when I click on the notebook in the sidebar. 

• Level 5

Maybe this is too fast of an assumption, but it may be your local database is corrupted. You can try this:

Log out of the app, quit it (not just close, really cmd-Q). Restart the Mac, open EN again, log in. Wait a little to let it sync. Solved ?

Yes - fine

No - remove the whole local install. log out, quit. Then use the app AppCleaner (available from the internet) to erase all parts of the current installation. Restart the Mac, go to the EN website, install fresh. Open the app, log in. It is now drawing everything from the server. Let it run for a while in the background, while it rebuilds the local database.