can't copy/paste text with images anymore (it worked before on older Evernote!)

hi,

In older Evernote versions, I could easily copy and paste long texts with images into a note. 
Immediately all images were visible in the text, as in the original.
This is also nice to copy a long e-mail with different images in it into a note.

I am quite annoyed that this basic and much needed function does not work anymore :( 
When I paste now, I see the text with "error blocks" for images...

So now we should copy the text, download all images one by one, and upload them in Evernote.
So this means: 
- Older Evernote: 1 second work to copy/paste
- New Evernote: 5 minutes or more for  longer texts with images in it (the styling will not look nicely as the original text).

Can you please show me how to make this possible. All that AI stuff I don't care, I only want the basic copy / paste function back like it was.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There are reports of this happening to a number of users. I don't have to do this often, but I just tested copying a fairly long Wikipedia article with 4 large images and pasting into a new note on the Android Evernote app. Everything came through, and it synced to the Web client. I realize that the fact that it works for me doesn't help you; my only point is that the problem seems to be sporadic. I have sometimes seems those "error block" placeholders. Usually when I back out of the note and reopen it, the attachments (images, PDFs, etc.) are there. Sorry I can't offer more, but the current state of things seems to be very uneven. If you haven't reported this to support (located via the menu in the Android app), it might be good to do so. They won't offer much immediate help either, but the developers do need to be informed of the scope of the problem(s).