Formatting an image inside a table

I'm trying to format an image inside a table in Evernote on the web (Linux drive & Chromium browser). I can size the image okay, but the image appears in the upper left-hand corner of the blue box for the image, even though it was centered in the jpeg file I inserted. In addition, there is too much white space above the blue box, plus extra white space below the image inside the blue box. I'd like to center the image horizontally in the cell of the table, and get rid of all the extra white space inside & outside the blue box. I've tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions?

Sadly, there is still no way to directly center or right-align an image in a note or in a table cell in v10. The best way around it that I have seen is to insert a blank column in front of it and behind it -- like this:

image.png.6e05f2e72f44439394bd1b8d8506d14d.png

That white space below the image cannot be removed with the delete key in the note editor, though I remember it being possible in earlier versions of v10.

There is a technical/hacky way to remove that white space between the bottom of the image and the table border using the browser's debug/inspection tools. You can inspect and select the html element whitespace:

image.png.f725273c4a8466112a514573169e84c8.png

image.png.22511a0ff6bcb2203b724cdc5ccef553.png

And then delete that div class="para"></div> element. Now it looks like this and that change will save to the database.

image.png.94c7245b9e2b3a0e8d2cc3d6de695e3f.png

This backdoor white-space deletion has been holding up for me for the last year or so, but I expect that it may stop working at some point.

Also -- use at your own risk! It's possible that there is a legitimate reason why that blank space can't be deleted from within the editor.

• Like 1

Hello again @Boot17,

I think I need a little more guidance. I'm trying your workaround to center the image. When you say, "to insert a blank column in front of it and behind it," I assume you mean to the left of it and to the right of it. Is that right? And my next question is how to do that. (Remember, this is inside a table.) I may need to be more computer-savvy than I am.

I will also need help to use the browser's debug/inspection tools, but I think I have someone here I can ask about that.

1 hour ago, Sheella said:

When you say, "to insert a blank column in front of it and behind it," I assume you mean to the left of it and to the right of it. Is that right? And my next question is how to do that.

Yes - that is what I meant.

On Desktop and Web, you move your mouse cursor and hover over the top of the column divider and you get a little white plus icon in a blue bubble like this:

image.png.f3a5a8f414b528fb0e2b23daa9c5d865.png

When you click the blue plus bubble it will insert a column at that location.

When you hover over the column divider line the mouse cursor will change to a slider/toggle looking thing that you can then click and drag to resize the columns.