Download Notebook from Android (or web version)

Hi there! I have been travelling for a number of years without going home and i will be travelling for the following years. I travel without a laptop. I want to download my notebook. I want to have a back-up, since Evernote is not a reliable company since a long time. Can I do this from my android device? Internet cafes not allowing me to download Evernote desktop version.

Thanks in advance for your time, 

Angelos

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Angelso said:

Evernote is not a reliable company since a long time.

? I've been with them for 15 years or so,  and they seem pretty reliable for me.  I guess travelling through different network coverages may have given you a bad experience.

Sadly you can't download a notebook from a mobile or a web browser,  and the current Evernote version downloads fairly slowly - depending on your notebook size and network speed it could take an hour or two to complete.  If you have a friend, colleague or family member you can impose on,  you could share the notebook with them. 

-You'd need to do that from a desktop,  and go to the Notebook page in your online account.  Look for the three-dots menu to the right and click 'share'.  Your sharee would have to have (and be able to use) a copy of the application,  and you would need the email address used for that account to be able to share to it. 

Your sharee would need to watch their spam folder for an email invitation from Evernote to accept the share.  They could then use the app to export that notebook to HTML,  ENEX or PDF files.  ENEX is probably best,  since some other notebook apps can import content.

It may be that - depending on the confidentiality of the content - you could ask a computer shop in you current country of residence to do some of this for you,  or you could hire a laptop to do it directly.  You could ask Evernote Support too - you're very much an edge case in terms of user requirements,  but they may have something in development to allow mobile users to export content,  or be willing to help out in some way.

Worst case - and again depending on confidentiality and file size - someone here might volunteer to accept a share and email the file back to you.

Hope something in there helps...

• Like 2