Stupid bug in updates installer! Endless loop switching between 10.62.2 and 10.62.5

Week ago or such I seen a notification "EverNote updated to 10.62.5". Clicked [Ok] and continue.

After OS restarted I seen a new notification "EverNote updated to 10.62.2". That was confusing, however I was busy and continue as usual.

During last 4-5 days I seen such "switch updates" about 7 times. Almost on each OS restart.

Small investigation discovered that when it shows "EverNote updated to 10.62.5" then it start EverNote from "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote".
And when it shows a "EverNote updated to 10.62.2" message it started from its normal location - "c:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\".

After a "EverNote updated to 10.62.5" message I tried to explicitly start it from "c:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\" - but it redirected to version in "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote". However, after yet another Windows 11 restart I see a yet another "EverNote updated to 10.62.2" message and then it running all from "c:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\".

So, it is entered endless loop of "updating" between:

10.62.5-win-ddl-public (20230928204806)
    Editor: V176.13.0
    Service: v1.74.5

And "10.62.2-win-ddl-public (*)"

Is it possible to leave this endless loop of "switched updates" ?

Should it be safe if I would simply kill all EverNote processes and override "c:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\" with content from "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote" ?

• Evernote Expert

We have very occasionally seen this issue in the past. 

The resolution has always been to fully uninstall the Evernote app using Revo Uninstaller. Reboot the PC and then reinstall the current version downloading the latest installer from evernote.com

• 2 weeks later...

I found that in such case it is easier to replace all files in "c:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\" with all files from  "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote".

So, like this

pskill EverNote.exe
robocopy "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote" 
 "c:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote" /MIR

I really do not like idea of uninstalling/installing/reloading full EverNote db.

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, dmitry_bond said:

I really do not like idea of uninstalling/installing/reloading full EverNote db.

Except that, on occasions, the local data becomes corrupted and the best solution is replacing the local copy from the server master copy.

I'm pleased that your process worked for you this time.