Images can't be rendered when using copy and paste

J. Shoaf

Idea

I'm having an issue with both the Evernote Windows app and the Web app (chrome).  When I try to copy an image in one note and paste in another note, the image comes in as an attachment and I get a note saying "unable to render this type of image".  If I paste the image into the same note, it renders correctly.  This seems like a pretty basic behavior so I'm unsure what's going on. Please let me know if there are any work-a-rounds or solutions.

image.png.03b5e9b3ecda1b42150a7faf1c848700.png

image.png.47cf75aea720dbfc011973f760cb43a1.png

9 replies to this idea

Just moved from Evernote Legacy to the latest version of Evernote for Windows (see screenshot for version). Images in notes don't seem to load in the Windows version (see second screenshot), but do load in the web version.

image.png.602ddef375c292008dccf343f16d67e1.pngimage.png.fc27dcde4599b7f253ec1e8482e1693b.png

On 10/5/2023 at 9:00 PM, Jeff Cole said:

Just moved from Evernote Legacy to the latest version of Evernote for Windows (see screenshot for version). Images in notes don't seem to load in the Windows version (see second screenshot), but do load in the web version.

image.png.602ddef375c292008dccf343f16d67e1.pngimage.png.fc27dcde4599b7f253ec1e8482e1693b.png

I noticed the same problem from time to time. In my observation it's mainly with PNG files. In my case the issue happens in the Android App. The Web Version (via Weblink) displays it properly. It is really annoying, because I can not rely on the tool. Today I found a note, which lost nearly all images. They were deleted from the note, no icon. I happened in June 2023 and I could recovery it from the backup.

I have switched to using the Web app on my Windows, Ubuntu, and Chromebook machines. Everything displays fine that way and I get a consistent experience across all platforms. Wish they would fix their software so it works as well as the Chrome Webapp does.

On 10/1/2023 at 3:24 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Sometimes there are issues with images taking a little time to fully sync and be displayable. Don't know if this is an instance of that or not, but you could try checking back later.

It's a permanent condition from what I can tell.  I've got something similar going on with a note I created with several photos I copied in.  Now they all don't render and the note is pretty much useless.  Very frustrating.  I've used Evernote for well over 10 years and didn't have issues like this until the last couple of years.  I'm starting to get Intuit Quicken vibes from this app -- once a good application but then put into maintenance mode and started to build more and more bugs over time.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, J. Shoaf said:

It's a permanent condition from what I can tell.  I've got something similar going on with a note I created with several photos I copied in.  Now they all don't render and the note is pretty much useless.  Very frustrating.  I've used Evernote for well over 10 years and didn't have issues like this until the last couple of years.  I'm starting to get Intuit Quicken vibes from this app -- once a good application but then put into maintenance mode and started to build more and more bugs over time.

If you haven't reported it to Support yet, you probably should. Everyone who experiences it should, really, so they get a sense of the extent of the problem.

2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

If you haven't reported it to Support yet, you probably should. Everyone who experiences it should, really, so they get a sense of the extent of the problem.

Good idea Dave.  I have reported it.

• Like 1

This has been an ongoing problem. Sometimes copy and paste works with images. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm on a Mac desktop.

What works for me is to download the image that is not rendering and convert it from PNG to JPG or vice versa, the upload it back into the note. So far this works every time. Super pain in the neck though.