Text size issues when forced to upgrade to mac 10.62-3

I have < 7k notes that I have carefully edited to print nicely. Note body is text size 10, titles are 14, bulleted size 10, numbered lists 10. Nothing dramatic. I did export all my notes before updating.

As you all know you can't change the font setting globally which is size 16. Titles are huge and take over the printed page.

It is it fairly easy to change my note formatting, takes maybe 30 seconds. But for 7K notes? 

Has anyone found any way to globally update their notes? 

Any way to change the title default?

Is there an API available?

thanks

Rob

• Level 5

This is one of the most requested features with v10: Be able to define your own styles PERMANENTLY - currently it only works note by note. And be able to define own styles as new default.

It should be no rocket science to implement, but up to now we haven’t got it.

Best next step: Contact support.

Hint: The formatting will be converted once you switch to v10, and open a note.

• Level 5

Your notes are formatted with fonts, font sizes, whatever. You say to make them print nicely.

The new version brings along its own fonts, with its own standard settings. For the first time in EN there are styles, 3 for headers, 1 for standard text. It will not use ANY of the fonts installed on your computer, used by legacy.

Once a note is opened for the first time, the standard text style will automatically be applied: San Serif, 16pt. This can’t be stopped, and it can’t be reversed.

To tell it clearly (don’t mean to be harsh, you invested a lot in formatting, and I understand it’s important for you. But that’s why I want to be understood, 100%): Most or all your formatting will be gone. It will be replaced by the default standard text style.

And printing is sort of a weak point in v10. It prints, but we have little influence in how it prints.

So I would think about this before moving to v10.

• Level 5

There will be no option, legacy will stop syncing any time now.

If you have notes you want to preserve in their current appearance, you can only „print“ them as a pdf. This will preserve all fonts, the look & feel, the page breaks and all. 

You can even attach the pdf to the notes with the same content. But this is of course a static file, it won’t update any more. And it’s not an option for 7k of notes, that’s for sure.

For the notes themselves there is no escaping from the conversion. For the future I would avoid to make a piece of typographical art out of notes. If you want typography, use a program that is build for this use: A word processor or even a layout program. Store the files attached to a note.