This used to work perfectly for a long time, but a couple of months ago, I stopped being able to use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+c to copy text from Evernote (on Windows). Right-clicking and then selecting Copy works, but it’s slowing down my workflow so much (because I never think about doing it the first time, so I have to switch windows multiple times) that I’m considering stopping using Evernote.

Is this a bug?

• Level 5*
On 9/29/2023 at 10:08 PM, StephaneD said:

Is this a bug?

Nope - Ctrl+C & V work fine for me. (Win 11 / EN 10.62.5)  - Are you using the web or the installed app?  Restarted your device recently?

I’m using the installed app. Yes I restarted my device many times, the problem started months ago so I’ve had the time to restart my computer many times, and update my system (Windows 10 Home) and my Evernote app many times too. I only have this problem with Evernote, Ctrl+c works fine with all other apps.

10 minutes ago, StephaneD said:

Can someone help me?

I think the absence of help, in an otherwise super-helpful forum, is because nobody has experienced this. Normal problem solving suggestions for weird problems like this are:

• See if it works on the web version of EN
  • Do a complete uninstall of EN including using something like Revo Uninstaller to zap absolutely everything. Then reinstall.
  • Sign out of the desktop app and choose "Remove my Evernote data from this device". Then log in again. The data base will redownload and if the problem is caused by corruption of the database the problem should be solved.

Thanks for the help! I did all of this (except trying the web version, as I’m asked to desynchronize one of my devices) and it didn’t change anything. I noticed something new though: I can use Ctrl+c to copy when I’m on the homepage, but not when I’m inside a note. Does it make you think about another cause for the problem?

• Level 5*

OK - I'm getting confused now;  Ctrl+C works for me (even inside HTML Content wrappers) where I can see and highlight text.  I can copy from inside the wrapper and paste into the main body of text.  However Ctrl+X doesn't work for me on any text inside the wrapper - it does work on what I posted outside. plus any other plain text.

I don't think this is a bug or even a design choice - the differences may be something between your version of Windows and mine,  but it's not going to get fixed anytime soon.  Feed it back to Support by all means (in fact you already did by posting here) but I think you just have to get used to how the keys work for you - or maybe look into setting up your own shortcuts for some operations with Text Expander software which can translate your keystrokes into different keystrokes (!)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, gazumped said:

However Ctrl+X doesn't work for me on any text inside the wrapper

That seems logical to me as cutting a chunk of text out of the wrapper would constitute an edit and you can't edit stuff inside a web clip wrapper. You could obviously "simplify and make editable" and then cut.

• Like 1