Make the Evernote app lightweight for Android

Ihtesham

Idea

Dear Evernote Team,

I have been using your amazing Evernote app since 2017 and I am truly satisfied with all the features it offers. However, I have some important issues that I would like to share.

First, the Android app is very heavy and takes a long time to start. This is very annoying, especially when I need to access my notes quickly. Other apps, such as Notion and Notesnook, start up immediately while offering the same features.

Second, I would like to see end-to-end encryption for my personal notes. This would be a very important security feature, especially for users who store sensitive information in Evernote. At the very least, I would like to have the option to enable end-to-end encryption for a specific notebook.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

E2E has been discussed already. This would effectively mean the notes are not searchable any more.

Wich means they are encrypted, and you will be unable to find them as well (at least when there are more than a few).

If you have sensitive content, store it (encrypted) in a cloud service. Put the link into a note and add information to make you find the link (keywords, tags, whatever).