Tasks List Widget Not Synching on Android

How's it going everyone!

Let me apologize if this topic is already out there on the forum but I wasn't able to locate anything. I have a Pixel 7A running Android 13. I added the Tasks list widget to one of my home screens but it doesn't seem to sync with what I have up in Evernote. I set up a tasks list in Evernote web, the widget does see those tasks, but when I complete a recurring task the widget does not update. I don't have anything that would prevent the application from not running in the background so any help would be greatly appreciate.

Many thanks!
oP

• Like 2

I have had the same issue with the widget since as long as i can remember and it's still not working. You have to open evernote through it for it to take a while and then sync. It's basically completely dysfunctional.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

This doesn't appear to be universal. I have the widget on my device screen and it is in sync with the internal views inside the Evernote app.

It may require that the app has a live connection for the widget to update. I don't believe these device screen widgets push content. So the app would have to have been updated for the device screen display to be up to date.

On 10/8/2023 at 11:08 AM, agsteele said:

This doesn't appear to be universal. I have the widget on my device screen and it is in sync with the internal views inside the Evernote app.

It may require that the app has a live connection for the widget to update. I don't believe these device screen widgets push content. So the app would have to have been updated for the device screen display to be up to date.

I recall at one point that I would be getting notifications/reminders for all of the tasks that I would set up within Evernote. I'd make the necessary updates within the widget and it would sync without any issues. Now the widget won't sync unless I go into Evernote or if I remove the widget and then add it back to an empty page on my home screen.