Adding comment line in Task

Hermanvsin

Idea

I'm creating daily notes and add my tasks in that note. What would be great if I could add a one liner of comment in the task before I close the task. This way it would be easy to create a daily/weekly/monthly summary of all tasks closed and what was done to close them. 

image.png.dab7d66d3a3f176dae46a35ea2af3a95.png

Best I could do with a mouse ;-)

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Fixestcat said:

Like the idea. The functionality of Tasks has stalled for a few months.

Well, they did add recurring tasks not too long ago but I also would like to see more done.   Adding a comment line is not one of them.  Tasks are implemented differently in Evernote than in a dedicated task manager.  Evernote is note centric and a task is a component of a note.  If you want to add a comment, or any other documentation to a task, create a note first with all of the comments and information you want and then add a task to that note. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

Tasks are implemented differently in Evernote than in a dedicated task manager.  Evernote is note centric and a task is a component of a note.  If you want to add a comment, or any other documentation to a task, create a note first with all of the comments and information you want and then add a task to that note. 

I completely agree with this. If people are not happy with tasks living in notes and not being completely independent, standalone objects they should not use EN tasks. That being said, it would be nice to be able to go from the task in task view to the task in the note (where all that extra information is). It's very easy to go to the note (my favourite method is right click the task and choose "go to note") but you then need to find the task within that note.

• Like 5