Improve the writing notes function

• Level 5

You are barking up the wrong tree. EN doesn’t promote the use of pencils to do note taking. None - it is absolutely not in their scope.

If you want to use a pencil frequently for note taking, get a notes app with a handwriting focus.

On iOS there is Penultimate as an offer from EN. But I don’t promote it at all - it is aged, you feel it, and beside syncing directly into EN it has no advantage. Personally I use GoodNotes for my handwritten note taking.

Have you also investigated Noteshelf? This provides an option to integrate into Evernote. It works better than Penultimate so might be something to look into? 

personally this combination has some conflicts with my personal workflows and preferences so I currently use Nebo and export handwritten notes to a  pdf inside Evernote. It recognizes the handwriting really well (especially as my handwriting is really bad 😉

(Nebo might also be one to check out as alternative) 

good luck

• Like 2

Also agree that it would be cool to have improved sketching / pen writing too, but also think that what is there is pretty handy.

I find that the (albeit pretty primitive) sketch tool works pretty good for some of my use cases. I especially love using it with the new RTE sync. I'll be creating text content on Desktop Evernote and then will use Evernote on my iPad to sketch something in the same note with the Apple Pencil and they work pretty seamless together.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 14.09.2023 at 17:38, Boot17 said:

Also agree that it would be cool to have improved sketching / pen writing too, but also think that what is there is pretty handy.

I find that the (albeit pretty primitive) sketch tool works pretty good for some of my use cases. I especially love using it with the new RTE sync. I'll be creating text content on Desktop Evernote and then will use Evernote on my iPad to sketch something in the same note with the Apple Pencil and they work pretty seamless together.

Moreover, I work as a professional writer in https://assignmentbro.com/ and the quality and efficiency of my work depends on the software I use. This is very important because I gain invaluable experience and can more help students who find it difficult to complete homework related to writing academic articles.

Agree 100%

• 2 months later...

100% agree! I actually quit Evernote for this exact reason. I was a premium member and used EV avidly, until I bought my tablet. Writing is just easier for me and has a different feel. So I switched to one note, where I can write and do pretty much all the same things I was using EV for. I prefer the EV UI, but the poor  functionality ( it kept crashing on me too) forced me to switch. I check back every now and then to see if they've improved the writing feature. The moment they finally do I'll be happy to switch back.

• Level 5

EN doesn’t claim handwriting support, and in fact it doesn’t really work well with handwriting.

Anybody who wants to go into handwriting should look for a dedicated handwriting app. When you observe what they do, it is easy to understand why EN will never be able to support it.

The basic data model of EN is HTML, and this is entirely text oriented.