I click on tags but nothing happens

I have about 100 tags in Evernote Personal covering about 5,700 notes. I edit about a dozen online newsletters, each of which has 100s of articles, and use Evernote to keep track of who wrote each article, what its status is, when it was published, and so on. So I can click on the tag "Dan" to find all the articles Dan wrote. I click on "Real Estate" to find all the Real Estate newsletter articles. This is how I've worked it for more than five years.

Starting an hour ago, I click on a tag in the left margin--and nothing happens. I don't get a list. I know the notes are there, because if I do a search of "Dan" I get his articles. I do search of "Real Estate" and I get all the Real Estate articles. But nothing happens when I click on the tags. Obviously, just finding these by "search" is not a long-term solution. I need the tags to work!

This is the desktop version. The tags work on the online version but extremely slowly. Any suggestions? If I reload the desktop app will I lose my data? BTW: I have Windows 11.