Save a Tasks Search/Filter?

I was wondering if there is a way to save a filtered view of Tasks (as created in the Tasks section)?  

Even if it's just search text that could be pasted into the ´Find´ box?

Or is there any other way to get a list of tasks in a notebook (or stack)?

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

I was wondering if there is a way to save a filtered view of Tasks (as created in the Tasks section)?  

Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to save a task search or filter. It would definitely be near the top of my list of enhancements to tasks. There is also no equivalent to the advanced search syntax for tasks that would allow you to paste in a search term that included anything other than a simple text search.

I would also like some simple obvious filters like tasks due today to just be there at a single click.

I classify my tasks with circle emojis (Red, Orange, Blue and White - spot the ex Todoist user!). I have those emojis mapped to hot strings in AutoHotKey so I can very simply search for all 🔵 tasks for example.

image.png.558ca467c8ae99499d0cf717d5fe32f5.png

Finding notes which contain uncompleted tasks can be achieved with either the main note filter or advanced search syntax and can obviously be saved as saved searches.

• Like 1

@Mike P  Yeah, I was just trying out your AHK script for copying and pasting search text into the normal search box, and discovered that something is messed up between my Windows system and Evernote, and the script does not work (I get lots of quotes, and then part of what I last copied on windows in the evernote serach box...

It seems some of the keys are mapped wrong (I do have the right language and keyboard set in Windows) and the Ctrl-Alt combo does not work, or something...

11 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

@Mike P  Yeah, I was just trying out your AHK script for copying and pasting search text into the normal search box, and discovered that something is messed up between my Windows system and Evernote, and the script does not work (I get lots of quotes, and then part of what I last copied on windows in the evernote serach box...

It seems some of the keys are mapped wrong (I do have the right language and keyboard set in Windows) and the Ctrl-Alt combo does not work, or something...

Strange. I just tried it and it didn't work first time and then it started working fine. 

If you try to manually go through the steps and that works, then I find that just lengthening the sleeps and setkeydelay seems to sort it. EN is so slow!