Offline search via tag doesn't find all notes.

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the desktop app (windows 10) : offline search via tag doesn't find all notes.
See screenshot : search result online : 25 notes ; search result offline : 13 notes.
In addition to that, sometimes Evernote simply refuse to add another tag filter.

Any ideas to solve the problem ? Maybe a corrupted or incomplete local index ?
Is there a way to rebuild the local index without the need to recreate the local database ? (because it is terribly slow to build the 6 Gb local database).

Thank you for your help.
Kind regards.
Richard.

EN_Search_Issue.JPG

• Evernote Expert

Do you have v10.59.5 of the app? By many accounts it is full of bugs affecting searches.

A new release is anticipated next week which those affected are hoping will fix things.

Until then some users report that starting searches in the all Notes view and then filtering by tag/notebook seems to work.

Hi Agsteele,

Thank you very much for your replay 🙂

Yes, I have version 10.59.5-win-ddl-public (5236)
Happy to know this is a known issue. I'll wait for the update and try your suggested workaround.
By the way, I'm also worried because for each time I consult a note, the note take the status "updated", this is very annoying and I hope the next update will also fix that.

Again, thanks a lot for your help.
Kind regards.
Richard.

• Evernote Expert

The note updating issue was known but I thought resolved. In general the v10 application updates a note with many more actions than the old Legacy version. So now adding a tag, moving notebook and similar update the note and so change the updated date/time. I doubt that will change.

You are right Agsteele, it is now probably solved on the windows version.

I got the problem with the android version I just tested again today on android with the following scenario :
-/ Find a note with a picture inside ;
-/ Open the note ;
-/ "click" on the picture to see it full screen ;
-/ Close the picture ;
-/ Close the note.
The note gets now the today's update date 😞

This is not a major problem but still very annoying since my "sort option" is set to Updated date.
Thanks for your replay and for your help 🙂