Pantalla de bloqueo no aparece - Android

Hola.

Desde hace ya varios días la pantalla de bloqueo en la app Evernote de mi Android no aparece. Entra directamente sin pedir el PIN, lo que reduce significativamente su seguridad.

Tampoco encuentro cómo activarla desde la configuración, la opción no aparece. ¿Han quitado la opción de seguridad de la pantalla de bloqueo o es problema mío? de ser esto último, ¿cómo hacer para resolverlo? ¿alguien más ha tenido este inconveniente?

Muchas gracias, Ignacio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

The passcode was removed to solve another issue that was preventing the use of the app entirely when a passcode was applied.

You can log out of your account to protect it, or use the app without. The device is protected anyhow - if not, you should activate the device level protection like PIN, Face or Touch ID.

• Thanks 1
On 2/8/2023 at 5:37, PinkElephant dijo:

The passcode was removed to solve another issue that was preventing the use of the app entirely when a passcode was applied.

You can log out of your account to protect it, or use the app without. The device is protected anyhow - if not, you should activate the device level protection like PIN, Face or Touch ID.

Thank you for the quick asnwer.
Is the passcode removal permanent or will it be reestablished? I know I can protect my device with PIN, face, or fingerprint, but the passcode option was a second level of security I was pleased with.

On 8/8/2023 at 21:52, Alejandra García dijo:

Yo también tengo el mismo problema y estoy de acuerdo contigo que es una característica de seguridad relevante por la que en su momento elegí evernote. Esperemos de restablezca pronto.

Por ahora sigue todo igual. Y la verdad que te quiten un nivel de seguridad de un momento a otro sin siquiera avisar te trasmite mayor inseguridad. Quisiera seguir utilizando Evernote, pero ya estoy mirando otras opciones. Esperemos que con la actualización se solucione el problema y vuelva a ofrecer ese nivel extra de seguridad por el cual, en mi caso, elegí la aplicación. Saludos Alejandra.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody.

One alternative I'm testing, applicable for Android in Samsung devices, is to run Evernote from inside the Samsung Secure Folder (Knox technology).

It is working fine and Secure Folder provides another authentication level and keeps data in an encrypted box.

Hope this helps at least part of the public here while new version is not totally deployed.

Regards, Gian