Google calendar integration --- meeting notes template

scottb824

Idea

5 replies to this idea

Does anyone know a way around this? I agree with the suggestion and it is hard to believe this functionality has yet to make it to the application. Or, am I missing a rules feature in which you could do things like this and automatically tag certain notes? 

Make your own template.  WHen you have a meeting, open it yourself. Then use the + button or the /calendar command to create a calendar event which will link the calendar event to your meeting notes.  You can then access that meeting note from the calendar.  This is my approach.

Vinnie

For me, this is what happens. 

I receive an invitation to a meeting through my email account. I accept.  The meeting shows up in my Google Calendar.  Since I have Google Calendar connected to my Evernote account, the meeting shows up in my Evernote calendar.   15 minutes before the meeting is scheduled to start, I get a reminder to create a meeting note.  I open the meeting note template in its own window.  I duplicate it and rename it to reflect the current meeting.  I delete the original template so I don't mess the template up.  I then push the + button, add Calendar Event, and click on the appointment in my Evernote calendar.

So, yes, I can use a custom template to take notes for a meeting that someone else has invited me to.  Is this what you are asking?

Others may have a more efficient system but this takes me only a minute and works well for my situation.

Hope this helps.

Vinnie

• Like 1