Is there a way to see the url of a web clip that I sent to EN v10 windows?

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, idoc said:

I can't seem to find the setting or preference for this.  It always appeared in Legacy and was a very useful feature.  Has it disappeared in v10?

Still there.  It should be visible in the upper right corner.  Also found in the three dot menu under note info.

I don't see it.  Here is a test clip of CNN that I used the web clipper to clip.  When I go to the 3 dot menu I do not see anything that gives me the url info.  Under "Note Info" I see that you have the option of manually entering the URL but I don't see that it comes automatically as it used to.

image.png.e1add01f3944a5691c1b697f1ce66cc5.png

Using windows 10 and ENv10.  I am not seeing the URL in either place. Perhaps it’s the way I am doing the clipping. Will experiment a bit more. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, idoc said:

I can't seem to find the setting or preference for this.  It always appeared in Legacy and was a very useful feature.  Has it disappeared in v10?

In legacy, if you simply copied (ctrl+C) from a website and then pasted it into EN, the url of that text was also pasted. That doesn't happen in V10. I don't know if that could explain what you are seeing.

The workarounds are to either

• use the webclipper (select the text before hitting the webclipper icon) or use the new multiselect feature
  • Use an external plugin to capture the text and url - e.g. auto copy for chrome

EDIT - I've left this post in case anybody finds it of use, but I think the actual answer to the question is my next post!

Just noticed the title of the note - 

image.png.a2083d68841b5e353a5066840333e85b.png

That's the title you get using the Evernote desktop screen capture facility (Alt+ctrl+S)

You need to be using the webclipper screen shot facility to capture the url as well.

• Like 2
  • Solution
6 hours ago, idoc said:

Thanks Mike P.  Good catch.  I got lazy and was using the ctrl-alt S.  

Lazy is good!

Webclipper has little talked about keyboard shortcuts of it's own (open webclipper, hit the gear wheel and then the shortcuts tab for a complete (modifiable) list). Works well provided the focus is not on a field where you can input text (e.g. the address bar). So

`m

Opens webclipper and opens the screen shot page. If you just want the whole page without any annotations you just need to follow it by 

<enter><enter>