Send files to evernote from finder-shortcut or applescript

zdawg

Idea

They removed this services/shortcut/Automator feature from finder to instantly send files to separate notes when they rebuilt EN, but has anyone found another workaround? I know we can create an import folder, but that has to be monitored in order to avoid duplicate note creation in EN (cumbersome) . I'm also well aware of the whole drag and drop 1995 vintage routine but when I'm dealing with bulk files on a daily and weekly basis, the old macOS Finder shortcut was considerably more seamless and easier workflow-wise.

Is EN planning on adding this feature back in play or bringing back the ability to have AppleScript interact with Evernote once more? To remove this feature feels like such a loss especially when we're all paying more right now to renew. If AppleScript is out, has anyone used something else to help this along in EN?  ie (keyboard maestro, hazel, or bettertouchtool)

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

There is NO scripting ability in v10, and I doubt there will ever be. On searching I found no Electron-based app (the framework that is used) that says it enables scripting. This is my private research, to get an official answer, ask support.

You can try other tools, but results from what I read in the forum are mixed.

My experience with Import Folders is that they work pretty well. Others are reporting about problems. No idea whether this is due to different handling routines, or if I'm just the lucky user.

Wait a second.. On Windows EN can you send multiple files to EN in bulk??? The Share function on mac only works with one file at a time (my bulk uploads were through Services/applescript)

56 minutes ago, zdawg said:

On Windows EN can you send multiple files to EN in bulk???

Yes. Select the files in Windows explorer and then right click and use the send to option as shown in my screen shot. You can obviously also drag the files into the note list in EN or add them to the import folder.