How to create a distraction free, flexible ' daily note' for each day...

Go to solution Solved by Grant837,

I would like to create a note each day, where I can create my own list of what I want to do that day.  Not everything will be a proper Task, some will be check boxes, some lines will just be text.  Key for me is I can put it in the order I want, and even move things around as my day progresses. 

Thus, I am looking for a way to choose and display proper Tasks, which are kept in another note, in this daily note.

Is anything like this possible?

Failing that, how do others create a simple, flexible single view of what they really should be doing 'Today', with a place to also make notes, etc.   Right now, the Homepage is too chaotic (not easy on my eyes - or mind) to give me the feeling of focus that I need.

Thanks!

Tasks can only exist in one note, so I don't think they would be able to be in your daily note as well. The tasks pop out is theonly  way of pulling out tasks from various notes into one view. 

All the EN lists (checklists, bullet points and numbered) can be rearranged by drag and drop within the list.

• Solution

For any who are interested, I have solved this by leveraging the link to google calendar.

I create an all-day event called Daily Note, and have it repeated every day.  Then on the Evernote Homepage, I have the calendar widget, and I can click on the ' Add Note'  to create a note for that day.

PS: The only feature I miss really, is the ability to have that note for that event created in a notebook of my choice.  Right now I have to move it myself.  Minor issue, but that kind of automation is what we need from AI! (well, it was actually always possible to create this kind of feature, so its more just a missing functionality that I am hoping the excitement around AI will offer a solution for 😉

• Like 1