Handwriting on Windows needs improvement

Ian_J

Idea

I have been an Evernote user for many years and I love that it serves as an integrated productivity hub. Recently I purchased a Surface 7+ Pro with the intention of eliminating my paper journal in favor of hand-writing notes on the device. Sadly, I've discovered that the handwriting/sketching capabilities of Evernote leave much to be desired.

Even the smallest size of pen is thick enough to make writing cumbersome and there is a small delay between making a stroke and that stroke actually registering on the screen. t's also difficult to scroll around the note while using a pen/stylus since a swipe of the finger just draws another line and using two fingers doesn't readily register and also risks changing the size of the note and making the size of the handwriting inconsistent.

I don't want to use two different apps or switch completely, but I have to say that the functionality of handwriting in OneNote really blows Evernote's out of the water. Hopefully now that Bending Spoons is running things there will be some marked improvement to this feature.

• Like 3

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You simply picked the wrong tool. EN does not feature a handwriting ability. The Sketch function is exactly that - build for Sketching, not for handwriting.

On an iPad you could the Penultimate app to get around this restriction somewhat (although it is aged and not state of the art any more). No such option on Windows, I‘m afraid.

You can send a feature request to EN staff through a support ticket.

• Like 1

@PinkElephant I didn't need any kind of handwriting functionality until recently, so I picked a perfect tool for my needs at the time. Those needs have changed. I made this post because it would be nice to just be able to integrate everything into Evernote. In my opinion after years of use the handwriting shortcoming is one of the few places EN misses the mark. I'll definitely send a support ticket to request the feature. That upgrade alone and I would never have to open another productivity app ever again. @bmcl26 I would prefer not to use another app if possible, but for the time being I like OneNote's interface and organization better than whiteboard.

• Like 1

I have been an Evernote user for many years and I love that it serves as an integrated productivity hub. Recently I purchased a Surface 7+ Pro with the intention of eliminating my paper journal in favor of hand-writing notes on the device. Sadly, I've discovered that the handwriting/sketching capabilities of Evernote leave much to be desired.

Even the smallest size of pen is thick enough to make writing cumbersome and there is a small delay between making a stroke and that stroke actually registering on the screen. t's also difficult to scroll around the note while using a pen/stylus since a swipe of the finger just draws another line and using two fingers doesn't readily register and also risks changing the size of the note and making the size of the handwriting inconsistent.

I don't want to use two different apps or switch completely, but I have to say that the functionality of handwriting in OneNote really blows Evernote's out of the water. Hopefully now that Bending Spoons is running things there will be some marked improvement to this feature.  Calling all students: Say hello to peace of mind with the ultimate guide to secure resources for essay and academic writing assistance. After extensive research, I've uncovered a detailed review of the top 5 platforms that prioritize student safety above all else. These platforms Finance Yahoo - Pay for essay offer a wealth of services, including essay writing, editing, and proofreading, all delivered by qualified professionals with expertise in various academic fields. What sets these platforms apart is their unwavering commitment to protecting student privacy, ensuring plagiarism-free work, and offering transparent pricing models. With this invaluable resource at your fingertips, you can confidently navigate the world of academic assistance and find the support you need to excel in your studies.

Amidst the rigors of student life, I stumbled upon a hidden gem - a writing service that offered comprehensive support for all my academic writing needs. Whether it was crafting compelling essays or refining complex research papers, their team IB Writing Service of skilled professionals provided invaluable guidance every step of the way. Thanks to their expertise and dedication, I was able to navigate the demands of academia with confidence and achieve academic success beyond my expectations.