Syncing not working on Wifi

• Level 5

The usual advise with syncing issues in mobile would be:

If it doesn’t work on WiFi, switch WiFi off - it will sync through mobile data instead. No data is lost until here.

If syncing problems stay, log out of your account, and back in. This will erase all unsynced data, so better go mobile first.

If this is not enough, log out, uninstall the app, force restart the phone, reinstall, log in.

All this won’t help if the network itself is blocking EN. To find out go to another WiFi (like in your favorite coffee place) and try there. Fixing such a problem can be time consuming, and impossible if you are not the network admin.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep well thanks for that. It's kind of ignoring the problem, which is that Evernote appears to take into account the transport layer when syncing notes. The solution of switching of the wifi and using cellular is great, unless one happens to live in a cellular black spot. Anyway I've switched to OneNote. Thankfully that appears to work on wifi and cellular.

• Level 5

I never had any problems syncing through WiFi, not at home, not in hotels or trains, not on free WiFi anywhere, not through a VPN-Tunnel established over WiFi.

Your „transport layer“ remark is completely off the point. If there is a problem, it’s on the local network and needs to be solved locally.

• Like 1

yeah this is the biggest issue for me, that the app does not sync well and i lose data. it is frustrating. even when i use the sync function in the app, it tells me that it synced yet when i go to my desktop app it is not there and when i go back to the phone app all of it is gone. worst part of this app.