Performance and stability issues

I have been experiencing significant performance and stability issues with Evernote for Windows over the past two or three weeks. 
Something as simple as changing the due date on a task may take 2 or 3 minutes to 'Save'... or the change may not save at all. 

...and the Sync issues, though seeming to improve for awhile, now appear to be getting worse again.    Very frustrating. 

p1an496yg050nd5jcpitdcm0gysq

Evernote support advised me to do the following: 
Restart your device.
4. Sign back in to Evernote.

The remove data option is similar to clearing your cache and cookies on a browser, this will remove any cached data that might be preventing your application from working properly. At the same time, this should im
prove your Evernote application's speed and performance. 

Going through this procedure yields immediate results (even when I skip step 3 and simply restart Evernote).  But it's getting to where I have to go through it at least once a day now.  I'm concerned that in their adding of new features and 'fixing' things, they may also be breaking things that were working previously ...  

• Level 5

Most reports I've seen here have been of duplication issues decreasing rather than increasing, so it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. If you've deleted the database in this way repeatedly, it seems unlikely to me that it's getting re-corrupted every day (but I could be wrong). Your screen shot shows the scratch pad -- is that the main place where duplications occur? That might have to do with how you use it; AFAIK it's meant to be used and then either converted to a note or cleared, not to be maintained over time (as I've heard of folks doing). Another possibility is slips in Internet connection causing errors in sync, but I presume you and/or support have considered that already.

• 2 weeks later...