Selecting a specific picture for preview

Sahim

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Short answer: You can’t. Case closed, next one please ….

OK, if you search the forum, you find that one of the oldest requests with one of the most voted missing features is: Select your own Thumbnail. It is a decade old, it is positively voted by nearly anybody in that thread, but - its not there. So no idea if it will come, one day, soon, tomorrow ?!

You can try this workaround, but we had mixed results because it seems sometimes the new thumbnail was replaced by another picture once somebody tried it: Create one note with the one picture you want thumbnailed. Create another with all the rest. Wait until the thumbnail has arrived - they are created on the server, and it can take a little. Then merge the 2 notes, making the thumbnail note first note, or copy & paste the content from note 2 into note 1. If you are lucky, your thumbnail will stick.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As I said: We tried a lot, but results were mixed at best.

Since the thumbnails are created on the server, it is sort of difficult to find out how exactly the "right" one is picked.

Once I had a thumbnail showing the avatar of a person. But I couldn't find it in the note. After a while I saw it: It was a clipped website, and the avatar was obviously a picture in itself, posted on that page among other "currently online users", that had an avatar as well. Why exactly this picture was taken from the series of avatar pics and then blown up (!) to be the thumbnail, I have no idea.

• Like 1